Saturday, July 9, 2011

Kimbap!

So today I made something with my sister called Kimbap, which is basically the Korean version of sushi but with food other than raw fish inside (!). I didn't get any pictures 'cause my hands were dirty, but the ones from Google images are pretty similar to what I did~

I didn't really know what half the stuff I put in there was...but there was those yellow strips (top right), some egg, cucumber, ham, and some long brown veggie? My sister didn't know what it was called in English, so I"ll just be happy to know that it was tasty, whatever it was :)

When I brought all the kimbap I made to the Robot Academy where my host parents and brothers were, everyone was so excited and rushed to eat it. They couldn't believe that I'd made them...talk about a boost to my pride, eh? :P

That was my adventure for today! The rest of the day I've spent relaxing at home and reading after a long (but awesome) week. :)

Maybe a small amusement park tomorrow?

<3
~Kat

1 comment:

  1. The yellow stripes are pickled radish, and I think the brown roots that you're referring to are gosari (bracken fiddleheads). ^^
    HOW'S SEOUL! I miss you :(

    ReplyDelete